The Arrowhead

• April 10Junior Class of 2019 Senior Trip down payment due April 27th .

• April 9Congratulations to the ROBOTICS TEAM for winning 1st place at the First Robotics Competition at Hatboro-Horsham High School!

• March 28Fun Fest at Tabernacle Baptist Church has been extended to April 27th. Please return all forms to the Main Office.

Filed under Entertainment, Movies

Rogue One: A Star War Story (Review)

When Disney purchased the Star Wars franchise from George Lucas it was clear that they had a plan for what they wanted to do. By the time they purchased the uber popular franchise, Disney already had established a successful cinematic universe with the Marvel movies, a series of movies that had netted Disney billions of dollars in revenue. With numbers like that, it was clear to Star Wars fans that their beloved series was in capable hands.

With the brand new rejuvenated, Disney decided that they didn’t want to tell just stories revolving around the Skywalker family, but truly extend their stories beyond that of the Rebellion and the Empire, thus Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was announced and set to be released this past December. Most were excited for the sequel, especially after The Force Awakens was a huge hit. The movie tells the story of how the rebellion came to have the plans to the first Death Star alluded to in the opening crawl of the first Star Wars movie, A New Hope.

I won’t lie, at first I was skeptical of the movie. I knew how it ended before it began, so a part of me felt that there was no need to tell the story. Sure, whenever we watch historical movies, like the movie Titanic, we know the outcome and I suppose that it’s the journey we look forward to and not the outcome, but still, I wasn’t all that excited.

Thankfully, I was wrong. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story truly is an amazing movie filled with fantastic action sequences, great humor and jaw dropping special effects that prove that actors no longer need to be alive to be an important role in a movie.

The only part of the film that I could consider a negative was the start of the movie. While it wasn’t terrible, it was a bit drawn out, though it was needed to clearly establish the story and the characters. I would never say that this was the worst part of the movie, but I did feel at times that the movie dragged a bit before the last act of the movie started, which I can say will put you on the edge of your seat and keep you there.

All in all, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was a great time and should be viewed by all, even if you aren’t a fan of the series.

• Rogue One: A Star War Story (Review)

Entertainment

The Cloverfield Paradox (Review)

• Rogue One: A Star War Story (Review)

Entertainment

Bright (Review)

• Editorials

Tide Pod Challenge

• Rogue One: A Star War Story (Review)

Art

Teen Arts 2017-2018

• Creative Corner

“Black Creation”

• City Sports

City Girls vs. Bordentown

• Rogue One: A Star War Story (Review)

Entertainment

The Cloverfield Paradox (Review)

• Rogue One: A Star War Story (Review)

Entertainment

Bright (Review)

• City Sports

City Girls vs. Westampton Tech

• News

Super Bowl Champs

The Student News Site of Burlington City High School
Rogue One: A Star War Story (Review)