The Arrowhead

• April 10Junior Class of 2019 Senior Trip down payment due April 27th .

• April 9Congratulations to the ROBOTICS TEAM for winning 1st place at the First Robotics Competition at Hatboro-Horsham High School!

• March 28Fun Fest at Tabernacle Baptist Church has been extended to April 27th. Please return all forms to the Main Office.

Filed under Editorials, New

A Blast from the Past

It seems like Hollywood has realized that making the same successful movies over again is almost always a guaranteed money maker. In the past years we’ve seen remakes of RoboCop, Clash of the Titans, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Poltergeist, Annie, Hairspray, Flowers in the Attic, Dirty Dancing, Footloose, Ghostbusters, The Karate Kid , National Lampoon’s Vacation , and most recently It . Now, it seems like television writers and producers are getting in on the fun. Already, shows like Will &Grace and Full house have been rebooted and there are much more to come in the next few years.

Netflix lost the fight over a Roseanne reboot to ABC. The show will feature all the same cast members and the same producers. It’ll be arriving in 2018.

The 1988 dark comedy film Heathers will be remade as a television show for TV Land. However, the characters will vary vastly from their 1980s counterparts. The show will air sometime in early 2018.

Along with all of the other game shows being remade like, The Gong Show and To Tell the Truth, is the 1970s-90s game show The Joker’s Wild . “The game where knowledge is king and lady luck is queen” will be arriving to TBS this fall. It’ll be hosted by, who else but, Snoop Dogg American Idol has come back from the dead and is now headed to ABC. Ryan Seacrest will be returning as the host, and so far the Katy Perry and Luke Bryan will be judges. It is said to air in the 2017-2018 season.

Total Request Live ( TRL ) will be coming back after nearly ten years off the air to its original network MTV. The new show will have five rotating hosts who will share the spotlight. The first episode premiered October 2nd and will feature artists such as Ed Sheeran and Migos.

Fox has ideas of bringing back King of the Hill. The creators think that, considering what’s going on in the country, the characters would have an interesting view on things. However. this reboot is in the earliest of stages of development.

Finally, among all of the other 90s shows making a comeback is, Hey Arnold! . This time, though, it’ll be a two-part animated TV movie. The storyline will pick up, with the characters being a year older, after Arnold has just found a clue as to where his parents might be. It should be arriving Thanksgiving 2017.

Be sure to check your local listings for these revivals and more.

About the Writer
Keyon Luff, Staff Writer

My name is Keyon Luff, I am 16 years old and I am a sophomore here at BCHS. I am the youngest of four brothers including my twin brother. We were actually...

The Student News Site of Burlington City High School
A Blast from the Past