The Arrowhead

• April 10Junior Class of 2019 Senior Trip down payment due April 27th .

• April 9Congratulations to the ROBOTICS TEAM for winning 1st place at the First Robotics Competition at Hatboro-Horsham High School!

• March 28Fun Fest at Tabernacle Baptist Church has been extended to April 27th. Please return all forms to the Main Office.

Filed under News, World

Super Bowl Champs

After narrowly defeating the Atlanta Falcons 15-10, the Philadelphia Eagles took on the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC Championship game on January 21st. The winner of that game would go on to the play in Super Bowl LII on February 3rd in Minnesota and play the New England Patriots who earlier that day defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC Championship game in a come from behind victory. The Patriots overcame a ten point deficit to beat the Jaguars 24-20.

The Eagles, like the Patriots, started off sluggish, letting the Vikings come down the field and score on their opening possession. After that the Eagles defense shut down the Vikings offense and didn’t let up another point to their offense. Nick Foles had an outstanding game, completing 26 of 33 passes for 352 years, destroying the Vikings #1 defense, through the air and in the run game and defeating the Vikings by 31 points, the largest postseason victory for the Eagles.

The Eagles now head into the SuperBowl  an underdog as always, but that’s just how the Eagles like it. The Eagles are a 5.5 underdog against the Patriots who also have a 52.8% chance of winning the Super Bowl. After the win against the Vikings, many players on the Eagles are hungry for a Super Bowl win. Malcolm Jenkins, the Eagles starting strong safety said, “We’re not going to the Super Bowl for a field trip, we’re going there to win.”

About the Writer
Austin Spillane, Staff Writer

My name is Austin Spillane and I am a junior here at BCHS. I was born on November 3rd, 2001 and I was raised here in Burlington City. I am a diehard Eagles...

The Student News Site of Burlington City High School
Super Bowl Champs