March Madness at Burlington City

Hailey Torres, Staff Writer

BCHS’ 2018-2019 March Madness Book Challenge is a yearly reading competition facilitated by both Mrs. Magee-Stout and Mrs. Douglas during the month of March.

For those who are unfamiliar, there are three rounds to the competition. Select and read a book: Round 1 requires the students to select and read books from the Elite 8 between March 4 and March 18th, followed by round 2 where students are asked to read and vote on the Fabulous 4. This part of the competition will be held between March 19th and April 1st. The final round, which will be held between April 9th and April 15th between the final two contending titles.

Prizes for participation donated by local businesses such as McDonald’s, J&B Bakery, Chick-Fil-A, Rita’s Water Ice and more will be awarded on April 19th when the champion 2018 Burlington City book is announced!

The books for this year’s competition will be, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon, The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti, Starters by Lissa Price, Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan and The Girl in the Green Sweater by Krystyna Chiger.

For those interested, please see Mrs. Magee-Stout or Mrs. Douglas and happy reading!